Thank you for your interest in serving with DOOR! We accept registrations throughout the year but we do limit the number of volunteers per week to protect our neighborhoods and facilities.
Before you fill out the following registration form, please take time to review this information. Contact us if you have any questions.
To register, complete and submit the registration form and group discussion questions. A $75 per person registration fee is required in U.S. funds with registration. This deposit will be applied, in its entirety, toward your total group cost and will hold your date.
The online registration form is below.
Click here to download a PDF version or click here for a .docx version of the registration form. When you've completed the registration form, print it out and mail it in with your registration deposit check. Checks should be made to DOOR.
430 West 9th Ave.
Denver CO 80204.
Age limits: All cities can accommodate youth ages 13 and older easily. Please contact the national office and/or the city director to check before bringing anyone younger than 13. It is possible most of the time but we must plan ahead for it.
Public Transit: Using public transit can add to your city experience. Public transit service and cost vary greatly by city. Chicago and San Antonio both allow up to 60 participants per week to register for ALL public transportation. The city directors will purchase weeklong passes for your group. In Denver and in Miami small groups may use public transportation for some of their work sites in the week. In Hollywood/LA and Atlanta groups might use public transportation for recreational time but it is not reliable for use to and from worksites.
You may need to pay for parking your vehicles in some cities. Check with your city director for details.
Payment Schedule: The cost for a week is $305 per person. College groups may participate at $275 per person. The cost for a regular weekend is $95.
We request payment for your DOOR trip in three installments.
1. Initial deposit of $75 per person ($25 per person for a weekend) is due with registration and it secures your space within our schedule. This deposit is applied towards your overall total, even if your group size changes.
2. Second, the non-refundable deposit of $100 per person is due March 1 or 10 weeks before your trip, whichever is earlier. This is your important deadline to determine your final numbers.
3. The final balance of any and all fees is due three weeks before your trip.
Group Contract: You will receive a group contract after we process your registration. Please sign and return the contract to complete your registration.
Photo and Video Release: Service learning is inherently a social, group, and relational experience. Participation in the DOOR program assumes permission for photography and videography for sharing and promotional purposes. However, DOOR respects the wishes of our participants. Should a participant want to guard their privacy rights in this area, a simple request to the City Director or to their group leader and wishes will be honored and respected.
In the event that a group needs to cancel, DOOR has the following policy:
- If a group cancels after their initial $75 per person deposit, the funds may be applied in their entirety to a DOOR trip this year or next.
- If a group cancels after their second deposit of $100 per person, the initial deposit amount can be applied to a future trip as stated above. The second deposit is non-refundable.
- If a group cancels after paying in full, the final balance is also non-refundable due to the short notice before the scheduled trip. The initial deposit may be applied as stated above.
DOOR is self-funded through participant fees. Participant fees cover speaker stipends, group meals, group lodging, group scheduling, cleaning and maintenance fees, support staff, year-round city directors’ salaries, and incidental expenses related to the operation of the program. When DOOR schedules a group, city directors make arrangements with local agencies where participants will volunteer. Agencies count on DOOR participants to fulfill that commitment. Group cancellations affect agency partners and disrupts all aspects of scheduling.
Online Registration Form