Fund for Theological Education partners with the national faith-based young adult volunteer programs to help recent college graduates embark on a theological exploration of vocation. Funded by Lilly Endowment Inc., Volunteers Exploring Vocation (VEV) helps participants explore the relationship between faith and work, and consider career paths geared toward serving others, lifting up Christian ministry in particular.
VEV provides structured discussions and materials that guide program participants through personal reflection about their lives and professional goals. It also offers funding to attend a national conference, led by educators and pastors, for young volunteers interested in exploring theological education and congregational ministry. In addition, each year up to 12 selected volunteers will receive a $2,500 VEV Fellowship to pursue a Master of Divinity degree. This fellowship includes attendance at the FTE Conference on Excellence in Ministry.
- Brethren Volunteer Service
- Catholic Volunteers in Florida
- Episcopal Service Corps
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- Krista Foundation for Global Citizenship
- Lasallian Volunteers
- Lutheran Volunteer Corps
- Mennonite Voluntary Service
- Mission Year
- Notre Dame Mission Volunteers
- Presbyterian Church (USA) Young Adult Volunteers
- US2 Program of the United Methodist Church
- United Church of Christ Young Adult Service Communities